CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mirror Mirror

It began as a normal morning routine. I got up, I ate my beakfast and then brushed my teeth. As I was finishing up this routine, I found my self REALLY examining my reflection in the mirror. I asked "Lord, am I supposed to be seeing something more than just my reflection this morning?" Revelation has come from The Lord this way before. After a few minutes of waiting, I got nothing. I then preceded to get dressed to go to work.

I was now at work doing the normal opening up routine. I first would turn on the computer, unlock the filing cabinet, open office doors, and then make morning coffee. As I sat down at my desk to open email info, I heard in that still small voice "Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" I thought, Lord, that is some fairytale story from long ago. I don't remember the actual story, but knew that I would have to do some research to read and then GET the final meaning to this Holy Spirit revelation. God has me do this to know BEYOND a shadow of any doubt that these revelations are from him.

During this day I would find myself "hearing" that same phrase over and over. I looked up the definition of mirror...Webster's dictionary defines it as following.

mirror-(1)a polished surface especially of glass that reflects light,and on which images can therefore be seen--a true protrayal or representation--(2) to reflect in a mirror.

Ok, I had looked intensely into my mirror at home...What did The Lord want me to understand from this? I began to search within me for the answer. I pulled out my bible and began to research different key words to find particular scriptures. I looked under the words mirror, reflection and TRIED to remember WHICH children's story from long ago had these words in it and WHO and what kind of character was it protraying. I knew that eventually I would have the answer and then I would be able to write the story...and so here it is.

The phrase "Mirror mirror on the wall had entered my mind many times BEFORE I got this revelation....I asked my self...Who IS the fairest of them all...of course GOD is..In a recent trying situation that I was going through, I truly was and am depending on God to come through for my son who is incarserated for now. I have always told him, that "ONLY God and a good lawyer could get him out of this situation." I assumed that perhaps this mirror mirror phrase was a reminder to me to keep believing for a good report for my son to be out soon.

There were many circumstances that this ONE LINER had meaning for during this work week. Questions to me from others would come up and I could hear this phrase roll over in my thoughts again and again. I began to share this phrase as led by the Holy Spirit with a few people. It would take on special revelation of meaning to whomever I would share it with. For me, I was determined to FIND that story book fairytale...As a christian, these stories don't have the SAME meaning like they used to...In the fairytale phase (the world) it is harmless..In the Christian world (spiritual) it takes on a totally different meaning.

When you look into your mirror at home...do you see what you REALLY look like? Does your mirror REFLECT back to you your REAL REFLECTION? Have you noticed that DIFFERENT mirrors even make you look different? I have worked for many years standing in front of a mirror doing hair and truly know the difference of a true reflection in a mirror along with good lighting. I have even noticed in alot of clothing shops that I LOOK so much smaller...I know that reflection is nice, but NOT a true reflection of me...Do you know your true reflection? This little phrase really got me to seriously questioning myself and all of my mannerisms. I asked myself "Am I truly reflecting on the outside to others WHO I am on the inside?" I pray that my reflection inside and out ARE the same.

Now it is the weekend and the Holy Spirit prompted me to put a movie dvd in and relax. I did and guess what..."Mirror mirror and the wall, who is the fairest of them all" preview was rolling. There it was...Snow White cartoon preview, with lots of revelation for me...Ok God...lol.. She had been poisoned and in the end she came back to life to live happy ever after with her prince...The End..

James 1:23-27 (NIV)

Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at this face in a mirror and after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it-he will be blessed in what he does. If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

"Lord please help me be the true reflection of you to everyone who comes in contact with me so that they WILL SEE you in me and not just me." Amen

Send your stories to sl@michaelallenmarketing.com

0 comments: