CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 22, 2009

Audience of One

There was a well-known artist scheduled to PERFORM at our church service this night. I was even more excited that a close friend had accepted an invitation to go with me. The artist just happened to be her favorite gospel singer. And so we were off to a concert together I was BELIEVING that she would get a personal WORD from The Lord...for her needs.The singer was introuced. The choir was all sitting in their mauve and gray robes BEHIND the artist. The santuary was packed to capacity. I looked around and noticed that there were also alot of unfamiliar faces, smiling and ready for the SHOW in our midst. The lights dimmed and it was now SHOWTIME......or...that was what I thought.....As the singer began to sing, I closed my eyes, listening and receiving EVERY word. The song being sung was "I Will Rise Again". For most of us, we KNOW that this is about the ACTUAL crucifixion of Christ being nailed to the cross...Well......I was now deep into my praise and worship mode with both hands lifted high, WHEN..I opened my eyes to SEE a video playing on a HUGE screen of the CRUCIFIXION. The Jesus actor seemed to be looking DIRECTLY at me. I was so OVERWHELMED with its' reality that I no longer was watching the singer, but was visually locked into watching the video ONLY. I found myself ready to flee..."Oh my God, I felt like I was at the ORIGINAL sight where this horrible fact of history took place." I wanted to cry, I looked around at others to see IF they were responding EMOTIONALY like I was...I SAW only smiling faces. I now looked at my friend next to me...She SEEMED very happy. I just closed my eyes NOT to watch anymore..My heart was now in my throat and I was ready to leave as soon as possible. FINALLY, IT WAS FINISHED.....We could go home. I took my friend home. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing once I had reach my own house. I asked "Lord, why am I experiencng this emotion WHEN no one else seemed to be bothered at all.?" He replied "Your eyes and heart were focused on me. Their eyes were focused on the music guest (man)." The tears began to slow down as this revelation came to me. I said "God please tell me THAT you took SOME of the pain  away from Jesus as he was being tortured." His reply to me was "NO". The tears resumed flowing again. As I prepared for bed the scene played over and over..again and again...I had to get more answers..I would go to sleep for now.

The next morning I questioned every choir member that had come to my beaty shop for services. NO ONE saw the video that I was talking about. I later called my church, and they said that there had been NO video being played, just the singer PERFORMING alone. O.K.....God.... With those answers, I then knew that I had seen a VISION in a movie format from The Lord and I was the audience of one...Just me and God...This story of mine spread really fast..No one else saw this, but me...hence that making me the audience of one.

 This is when I learned to pray "Lord, please help me to be what I need to be, so that EVERYONE that I come in contact with, WILL SEE Christ in me."

Webster's dictionary defines VISION as: the act of seeing or the ABILITY to see, foresight, a SUPERNATURAL apparition.

And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

 NUMBERS 12:6

Send in your testimony or story to sl@michaelallenmarketing.com        

0 comments: