CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

THE STAND

Have you ever been put into a situation that REALLY defines who you are in Christ? Have you ever tried to AVOID those awkward religious questions? We all have been put on the hot seat for our belief at least once in our lifetime. That's a fact in the life a a sold out believer. How did you handle that situation? Did you take the opportunity to witness or did you RUN as fast as you could in the opposite direction to avoid the confrontation? Well, if you are truly a servant of Our Lord, you will find yourself in many of these situations and often. I learned a long time ago, just EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED and just be prepared. God's word says "Seek the Lord thy God with all of your heart, and He shall direct your paths."

I was known for my "Jesus Stories". I had been asked to tell those stories at different events ranging from slumber parties to baseball end of the year camp outs. My stories were all about adventures that The Lord had brought me through. They were so outrageous that it didn't seem to matter that they were about Jesus. God has a sense of humor. He knows who to choose for His pupose and His plan. There are many parts that make up the BODY OF CHRIST. The head, the arms, the legs, and the feet....I am one of those mouths. I asked " Lord why me and all of these FAR FETCHED adventures?" God said "Because you have a big mouth and when I bring you through these times, I know that you are going to tell EVERYBODY" . He was right and here is another one of those stories.

It got to a point that my stories were starting to catch the interest of many. I soon found myself REFUSING many invitations. I had stopped for a season. Then one day a softball player on my team was begging me to be a speaker at her school for extra points that were desperately needed for her to pass to the next grade. Finally I asked her to give me some idea of what kind of speakers and topics had been presented already during the year. She then to my shock informed me that among them were Satanists, Voodooist, Psychics and even Card Readers had been allowed to come as guest speakers. A Satanist told in great detail how a ritual was carried out in detail describing the animal sacrifices with blood preparations and chart boards included. This angered me. A public school was allowing these people to come in under that BACK DOOR and I like most parents were not even aware that this was taking place.
The day was here. As I reached the school, I said a prayer before even getting out of my car. I wasn't going to be alone. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit was going to enter that classroom with me. I remember thinking, this is going to be tough, but "With God all things are possible."


I entered a classroom to see massive fear on all of those faces. They thought that I was just another psychic coming to freak them out again. I made it very clear that I was there to tell my "Jesus Stories". Even the teacher was wringing her hands nervously. I assured them that I could not read their minds or predict the future and had no intention of telling them anything bad. I told them that by the time that I was finished speaking, they would probably think I was a preacher instead. Sighs of relief could be heard.

The most important topic that day spoke about would be JESUS. I shared with them a few visions that The Lord had shown me. I reminded them about some local news topics that The Lord had shown me BEFORE they had actually happened. I gave them many examples of how The Lord was not just the word of God, but THE LIVING WORD made flesh. I learned this day that my stories were doing what The Lord wanted them to do and THAT was to give Him all of the glory. God also wanted to have the last word at this school. He knew what had been talked about with the other guest speakers, and He wanted the say so by SHARING THE GOOD NEWS.

After my hour was over, the students applauded. Their faces no long showed fear. It was then that I noticed that the room now housed other students and teachers also LISTENING to my stories. There was barely any standing room left. The school bell rang and soon I was being greeting and thanked for coming with invitations to come back.

What is not of God, will be exposed...I did later call the School Board to report my findings. They carefully screen all of their speakers since then. What do you need to take a stand on? " Shout out loud, and on purpose, that you are a Christian and proud of it...You won't be alone...Take the stand for the kingdom.

United we stand, divided we fall...Who will you stand for when your time comes?

Send in your stories to:

sl@michaelallenmarketing.com

0 comments: