CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

LAUGHTER IN THE TEARS

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
Proverbs 17:22 (KJV)

Everyday trials can drain you physically, mentally, and emotionally. Have you found yourself SUDDENLY not able to cope with your normal routines? Is your life out control because you are OVERLOADED with responsibility and you can't seem to get it all together? Does it seem that your life is spinning out of control? These things can steal your joy and your health if you let it take over. The following is a story that ALMOST had a bad ending.

My life had turned into a roller coaster of trying events. My husband was now unemployed for many years and I was still the only financial provider in my household. I was working extreme hours in my beauty shop to try and make ends meet financially. I had wonderful loyal customers and friends who patronized my shop. One late night after a long work week, I sat down to record my weekily earnings. It was then that I realized that there was no way that I was going to be able to pay all of the bills due this month. I panicked. I started losing much needed sleep. I was becoming more and more physically tired. My energy level was definitely decreasing. The fun moments in my life was disappearing. I was even struggling to try and be cheerful around those customers and friends. I had to pretend that everything was ok when it was sooooooooooooo not ok.

I was already working from 7:30 a.m. to even 10 p.m. nightly. That was an EXTREME work schedule to offer. Alot of people came during these extended hours. I was now stretched beyond my limit. I started having trouble sleeping. My mind was constantly talking all night. I needed help, I needed to sleep! I headed out to the local pharmacy nearby,for something ANYTHING that might help me rest. I was desperate for some relief . As I got out of the car, I found myself praying as I headed toward the door entrance. Normally I am the one who greets everyone with SO MUCH JOY. Normally I am the one who tries to cheer up the workers. Not today. The pharmacist of many years said "Hey are you o.k.? Where is that smile you normally have?"This statement really caught me off guard. I THOUGHT that I WAS smiling. Oh my gosh, I wasn't able to pretend my problems away anymore. It was obviously noticeable to others now that I was having problems. The change in my normal character had changed. I left as soon as possible with some recommended benedryl and headed home.

That statement really troubled me and I wanted to check my face out myself. I entered my beauty salon and promptly did just that. In my shop mirror to my horror, there WAS a very sad looking face looking back at me. There WAS no smile, there WAS no happy look. That person IN THE MIRROR didn't even look like me! I said "Lord what is happening to me?" Where is the happy person who was so filled with joy? How could this be me?

For the joy of the Lord is your strenth....Nehemiah 8:10 (KJV)

I knew this to be true...I couldn't let life steal my joy...I needed some refueling. I needed my cup of life filled back up with laughter and Hope...It was time to take a trip to those mountains in Ark. It was time to go where I would be able to rest. It was time to go to my grand mother's house, a safe haven,a lighthouse of hope and renewing station. No invitation needed...Just come as you are...and I was going to get there as fast as I could...Grandmother told me that she had never seen me so RESTLESS. She said that she could see me at a cross road and I needed to make a serious decision...I had lots of decisions to make, ONE DAY AT A TIME...not today. I was there to rest. I was going to be taken care of just by BEING STILL and waiting on the peace to be restored in my life. Grandmother had a way of ministering to anyone who came into her presence, because she had the gift of UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. She was ready to share her love with anyone who needed.

It didn't take long for those famous old stories to unfold. Conversations took many directions as usual. Sometimes all who were gathered would talk one at a time. Then there would be multiple topics being discussed in the room at the same time..It was amazing. There was never any confusion. Everything always seemed to flow so smoothly. There never confusion No one ever was left out. Her living room would become like a huge rocking chair, very comfortable. The room would fill with lots of laughter that turned those once sad tears into joyful ones. We would literally end of laughing until we cried..All our burdens just seemed to be washed away during those visits.. Her home became known as a Lighthouse of Hope to all sho needed to rest.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 (KJV)

I made alot of changes in my life. I let God resume control. I stopped trying to take on the burden of others so that I could help myself and family first. My prorities were now back in order. Life is just a series of many cross roads that we will come to in our lifetime. We will always need to choose a direction to take us down the road that we need to travel. STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN.Then choose the right direction to GO.


For the joy of the Lord is your strength. ( Nehemiah 8:10 KJV)

I was no longer tired, I was full of energy and my smile and my joy had been returned to me. My cup was once more overflowing with hope.

Send in your stories to :

sl@michaelallenmarketing.com

0 comments: