CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Art 4 God Moment

Let's see...My near-death experience? In 2005, I was hit with pancreatitis. Doctors believed that it was from a botched gall blader surgery. I was put into the hospital to run tests. In the middle of running tests ,turned blue. There was an emergency surgery. I was told that I was going to have a 50-50 shot of surviving. I woke up in ICU with 18 tubes and wires sticking out, including the ventilator and a line for a future feeding tube. This happen in June 2005 causing my family to cut a vacation short because of my problems. Here is where God pops in....

While on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN, right before my world caved in, I had visited the artist community.I went into a shop called Art4God. It's run by a man who paints Jesus in modern situations.I picked up a few small prints, including one of Jesus as a boxer. While in ICU and on the vent, I had written a note to my wife to bring me that picture from home..

After a week or so in ICU, I was moved to a regular room. The doctors told me that recovery would take around six months in the hospital and the rehab unit. That meant that I might be home by Chrismas/New Years'.

About two nights after I was moved from ICU to a regular room. The lights were off, room was as dark as could be. That picture was on the shelf by the television. I had a CD that I was listening to U2's "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own". That song includes the line "let me take some of the punches for you tonight."

When the song came on, it was as if a spotlight hit that picture. The light stayed on the picture the ENTIRE time that the song was playing, and then vanished, It was dark in my room once more.

Two days later, six months became three months. A few days after that, three months became three weeks.

I had my emergency surgery around June 9, 2005 and was back home by July 3. My road to recovery was long including home health nurses, feeding tube for 3 or so months, 15 or so surgeries and more to go, I never worried after that experience. I knew that God had his hand in the deal--thanks to my U2 Art4 God moment--I knew that God wasn't going to heal me just halfway.

I've been surgery-free this whole year. Last year I had three of them suckers! So this is my story.

I love my little story, especially when I'm in discussions with non-believers.

"So how do you know God is real?"

"Saw Him"

Discussions don't go too much further...LOL.....

Written by: Mel LeCompte...His personal testimony of his road to recovery to become also a published author...

Mel is the author of "Sharpened Iron" soon to hit the shelves. It is a story that uses a football game to bring a town together. He has also authored a book for children.

Check him out sharpenediron@gmail.com

0 comments: