CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sally's Story

Do you remember WHEN you were first saved and on fire for The Lord? Remember the many awesome things that would happen to strengthen and confirm to you that God was real and not just someone to read about? Some describe this as Our First Love. You hunger to seek guidance from the Word of God for everything in your life. The bible becomes your main source of info. It becomes your concordance for answers to all of your questions. The Word of God takes on a totally new and exciting meaning in your life. The Word becomes a Living Word magnified to us along with understanding. The following is how I met my friend Sally C.

I live in a neighborhood that is very quiet. Neighbors stay to themselves. If a neighbor is in need, however, we pass this information on to all of the neighbors. We help when help is needed. It was on one of these occassions that a family was in need of food. A friend had informed me and so I gathered supplies to go deliver. Right away I knew that this lady was a christian. She quoted God's Word often. I began to go visit and still do to this day. Through that friendship she also introduced me to her next door neighbor Sally. Before long the three of us became very close friends and met on a regular basis at least once a week.

Sally always had a radiant smile. She always seemed to be full of so much joy. Our conversations circled around God and His Word. We laughed, we shared and we just plain enjoyed each other's company over coffee. This was a weekly gathering between the three of us for several years.

One iced mid afternoon as Sally was leaving to go home next door after one of these visits she slipped and fell coming down the broken brick door step. She was in extreme pain. By the expression on her face, I knew that she was hurt bad. Her leg APPEARED to be badlly broken just below the knee. You could see the bone just underneath the surface of skin. Her mother wasn't home and she didn't want to go to the hospital. She was full of fear. I held her and prayed to calm her. The Lord gave me insight as to WHY she was afraid to go to the hospital. I was led by The Holy Spirit to place my hand on the injured and pray for my friend. She did finally agree to call an ambulance and we did. She was promptly transported.

I received a phone call a couple of hours later from Sally asking that I come to her house. I was amazed that she was back home already. Her mother was there and I immediately looked at her leg. There was hardly any noticeable bruising. Sally began to share that once she was in the ambulance, she was overcome with a warm peaceful feeling. By the time that she reached the hospital, the leg looked totally different. God literally healed that leg by divine intervention inside of that ambulance on the way to the hospital. The leg that we were now looking at was NOT the injured leg that had sent her to the hospital emergency room.

Sally shared with me on that day that she had never before believed in miracles, but God had made her a true believer this day. I wanted to share the above info to be able to share the following. Sally and I continued for many years to communicate with each other. Her health began to fail and she would call me for prayer requests for her personal needs, and for others. Over the years, she would be diagnosed with many afflictions. Through it all, her smile never faded and she continued to hang on to her faith. We stayed in close contact.

Sally went to be with The Lord just recently and I wanted to share this last conversation that we had. My youngest brother had died recently and I shared his last conversation with me with her. Sonny had said "If we didn't see each other on earth, that we would definitely see each other in Heaven". My brother died 2 weeks later. He had died in his sleep. Sally replied "If it is my time, then I want The Lord to let me die that way also." About 2 weeks later her request was honored by God. I did share this news with the family later.

The Sally I had met many years ago had changed physically BUT her smile and sweet spirit never left. She was a true friend to me and anyone else that she chose to be friends with.

Neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength
Nehemia 8:10 (KJV)

No matter what storm may rage in your life, let God's Word become your anchor to to bring you through.


Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
Psalms 34:19 (KJV)

Has anyone touched your life in a special way? Then send your stories in, let's keep the light shining and their memories alive at

sl@michaelallenmarketing.com

0 comments: