CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Simple Prayer

Forty years ago I had a close encounter with a near death experience. It happened a couple weeks after the birth of my oldest child. My kidneys went into total shutdown and I ended up in a coma. My family from out of state were called to my death bed. The doctors had said that it was up to God and me IF I lived. The Doctor informed my 2 families that it would definitely be a miracle IF I would come out of this. IF I did, they needed to be prepared that I would be brain dead or a total vegetable. No hope was given for me to recover.

When I was on my death bed, I CLEARLY remember the dream state that I was in. To my family, I appeared to be just asleep. The vital signs showed no encouragement. I myself, had the sensation of drifting or floating toward this bright light that seemed to be at the end of a tunnel. It seemed to beckon me on toward it. I could hear the most ANGELIC sounding music that seemed to lullaby me to come closer. I still, to this day can't describe the AWESOMENESS of it. ANGELIC would be the only descriptive word that I can come up with.

I could hear my family crying. I asked "Lord why are they crying?" He replied"They don't want you to leave them." I felt so much peace and no pain. I could hear my husband and family members crying. I heard my mother-in-law say" We need to pray". I heard my husband reply "Mom, I don't know how to pray anymore." She then said this SIMPLE PRAYER. " Dear Lord, if you are finished with what you want her to do on this earth, then take her from us now. If you are NOT finished, then Dear Lord, let her live to take care of her new born daughter and husband." I actually heard her pray this. I said "Lord, what should I do, and He replied, you have to make that decision." I woke up.. The Doctor said that it was definitely a miracle. I not only had come out of the coma of several days, but had substained no permanent brain or bodily impairment. A simple prayer is sometimes all we need to pray to God. God's word says "Ask not, receive not".

I love sharing what The Lord has done in my life...He is no respector of persons. Send your stories or testimonies to the address below. No story is too short or too long to share with this world.

sl@michaelallenmarketing.com

0 comments: