CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Boomerang

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: (NIV Study Bible)

This story is on the changing of seasons in my life. First of all, one of the definitions of season as listed in the World Book Dictionary defines the word season as any period of time marked by something special or characteristic: the holiday season, the harvest season, a season of peace. Another defines it as Figurative, a period or time: at a certain season of our life..

The different seasons in my life have been determined by The Lord, I am led by His Spirit. I find myself in private conversation or thoughts with Him,I don't just know of Him, I have a PERSONAL relationship with Him. There are many stories and seasons in my life that testify to this truth grounded by God's word to confirm what I share is fact and true...

I am now a senior citizen who has gone through many seasons of change. There are alot of things I choose to remember and a lot that I had to discard and let go of. I have been very active in many Christian outreach ministries. The length of involvement varied with each one. One wasn't more important than the other..The Lord would lead me when to get involved, and He would instruct me WHEN the season was over..

Sometimes things from our past come back when we least expect it, like a BOOMERRANG...and resurface into our lives...One of the definitions is as follows: Boomerangs are made of a shape so that when PROPERLY thrown they RETURN to the thrower. This is also worded in the Bible as "We reap what we sow."

Many years ago, I had asked God to take away certain gifts UNTIL the time would come that ONLY He would get all of the Glory. There was a season of my life when the world classified me as having ESP (extra sensory preception) or clairvoyant (supposedly having the power of seeing or knowing about things that are out of sight;having second sight)as defined in The World Book Dictionary. These gifts began to draw too much attention to me...too much...and I didn't feel comfortable with the labels that were given me...I was serving The Lord..and somehow...this terminology didn't settle well with me. I was more in tune with SPIRITUAL visions and revelations from God to be share with others than what the world wanted to hear...I was a Jesus story telling lady...

Zechariah 4:6 Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit says the Lord Alighty.
(NIV)

Last week, I was on my way to work and listening to my radio around 8:30 am...when THAT still small voice asked "Did you tell Linda that you were disabled?" I didn't remember telling her..then the Holy Spirit replied, "Boomerang, your'e back!" I would soon be seeing this person at a special gathering on Saturday. I knew then that The Lord was going to lead me to get involved with her efforts to support the disabled in any way that I could...She had another meeting that she wanted me to attend with my boss if possible...

My boss and I did attend that meeting out of respect for her. We were extremely late, but we were on time to meet some special people.

Visons, revelations and dreams have returned and I am here to make sure that ONLY God is given the credit...and the honor...

What the Lord was telling me was,that a NEW SEASON had just arrived and to be ready for the UNEXPECTED to happen...but this time....I AM READY.....I have been through many valley trips and now am ready for those Mountain Top experiences...all good.....Look out World, God will be leading the way...I will be just following in his protective shadow...Like a BOOMERANG, I have returned, even more bolder and stronger in my witness to the world...There is a God and His Son Jesus Christ still reigns from the Heavens on high...

Send in your stories to sl@michaelallenmarketing.com

0 comments: